Serviced Offices - Frequently Asked Questions
Published on 03 Dec 2016
This article answers all the questions you may have in relation to serviced offices generally and how our serviced offices may be able to help your business.
What is a commercial Serviced Office?
A serviced office is a fully functional office that provides administrative services, office equipment and meeting rooms on demand. They are designed to accommodate multiple companies of different sizes.
Why use a Serviced Office?
For new companies or small businesses, serviced offices provide a cost-effective solution to the problem of finding suitable affordable office space to conduct business from. Serviced offices can help with the transition from working at home if your business is expanding and can also be helpful as an offsite project office.
They enable companies to minimise the initial capital investment in office accomodation as they do not lock a business into a long term lease, whilst providing all the benefits of a fully functioning office.
What to consider when looking at a commercial Serviced Office
When looking at a serviced office you should consider the following issues:
- Location, location, location! Ideally the office should be in the heart of the central business district;
- Image and reputation of the building and other tenants in the building;
- First impression of the facility - trust your first instinct as it is often right;
- Flexibility of arrangement with the owner;
- Quality of the facilities and equipment;
- Professionalism and friendliness of staff; and
- Cleanliness and maintenance of general facilities.
What are the main benefits of leasing a commercial Serviced Office?
The main benefits of leasing a serviced office can be summarised as follows:
- There are no initial costs such as fit-out, furniture, equipment or infrastructure costs such as establishing internet, phone and power connections;
- There are no costs for hiring, training or employing support staff;
- Generally rent deposits are not payable or are a lot less than required for longer term leases; and
- Access to extensive facilities without investment in additional space (for example reception, waiting rooms, meeting rooms, kitchen and facilities areas).
What are the advantages of the Branch Office Serviced Offices?
The Branch Office business centre has been servicing Launceston businesses for over 30 years. We are a Tasmanian owned business with a focus on quality service based in the Launceston CBD.
Whether you are working from home or looking for a new location, we provide a range of serviced offices in the Launceston business district. Our serviced offices make it easy for you to focus on your core business.
Most of our tenants have been in our historic building for a long time; we put this down to a number of key factors being our location and the quality of the office and services provided.
We provide on demand administrative support covering most office and business needs. Below is a summary of what our serviced offices have to offer:
- Superfast NBN both wired and wifi;
- Office furniture including desk, chair and phone handset;
- Heat, air conditioning, light and power;
- Office cleaning;
- Washroom consumables;
- All outgoings (water, rates, land tax, rubbish collection, etc);
- Daily mail collection from PO Boxes in Cameron Street;
- Visitor reception; and
- Monitored security service with individual user PIN numbers.
We provide on demand administrative support covering your office needs. Some of the services we offer include:
- Telephone answering;
- Reception services;
- Word processing;
- Document production; and
In addition to the above, we have a number of small, medium and large meeting rooms that have large flat screens with video conferencing and teleconferencing facilities.
How can you contact us?